Tuesday, August 26, 2008

ho hum...

I said I would try to keep this blog updated so even though I don't have anything really new and exciting(other than a new nephew, but that goes for all of us :) ) I felt like writing something today. Maybe this is because I have been feeling homesick lately. Not for home where mom and dad live(sorry, but I don't think I could be payed to live in WY again!), but for my siblings and neices and nephews.
Things have been so crazy in my life lately and this summer has been really hard in alot of ways. There are days when I don't want to be a grown-up anymore. Life throws all kinds of things at us and there have been times I just want to let them crush me instead of fighting to get through it. Thank God I have the people surrounding me here that I do, but they are going through it too so I feel like I am fighting for myself but also fighting for them in my prayers. I know that I know that I know that God is going to bring us to the other side of this though. Most of you know what is going on and I'm happy to say that for now, the Haven House is not in foreclosure and we aren't going to have to move. We still need support badly though and are working on getting partners to support us monthly. Keep my pastor and his family in your prayers too, they are losing everything it seems. It has been amazing to watch them fight and stand in their faith throughout this process, but I know it is wearing on them and am praying that the end comes soon.
On a brighter note...I had a great birthday. Shalaunda bought me some amazing jewelry from Ten Thousand Villages that I had been coveting, but never dreamt I'd be able to buy or that someone would buy it for me. One of those pieces is a real pearl necklace that is absolutely gorgeous and earrings to match! I love pearls almost more than diamonds and so I was so excited to get these! I still can't believe she spent that much money on me(she would get mad if she knew I said that too.) I'll have to post pictures because they are so beautiful. Also, they surprised me by taking me out to dinner at Olive Garden with all of my favorite people: PG and his family, Shalaunda, Robert & Susie(Gave me a car & I'll be working in their sons chiropractor office when I'm done!), and a sweet lady named Polly that I met through Mercy. We had a great dinner and I got to do my favorite thing: spend time with the people I love.
As far as school goes...I am praying this next week and a half go by very fast because the class I'm in is just plain boring and confusing. It is Chinese medicine so we are learning all about yin and yang, taoism, acupuncture, tui na, and all kinds of things that mom and dad would probably faint if they knew I was being taught. Some of it is very strange and I don't agree with at all and would never get into it, but we have to go through this class so I'm just waiting it out. After this I have three more classes and then clinic! I think I will be almost completely finished before Christmas and then I graduate January 16th! I'm really starting to get excited about the prospect of making more money because things have been so tight this summer and I'm looking forward to being able to breathe and not eat tuna for every meal. :)
All in all, I am doing good, I really am even though things are hard. I have alot of things to look forward to, alot to be thankful for, and alot to be happy about. And...I'm excited about getting to come home for Thanksgiving! I can't wait to see everyone and hope that we all can make it so it isn't another two years before we are all together.
I better go.. I love you all and am praying for everyone.

1 comment:

J Matt Miller said...

Goodness, Krystal, I hope you are eating more then tuna...You have to be careful about making jokes about not eating. You might end up with your family at your door, spoons in hand.
It is hard being an adult. I wish that I would have realized that a little more before so that I wouldn't have rushed it as much. On the flip side, it has a lot of benefits as well.
Last week, for my birthday, Matt and I did our first night away from the kids since Cherie was born and we had the most awesome time. One of the things he bought me was a pearl bracelet. I also love pearls more then diamonds and these are real pearls in different pastel-ly shades. SO beautiful. I have the greatest husband.
We are definitely buying you a plane ticket as soon as you give us the dates...
You still need to pick out your birthday painting...
Love you...